Noise at Work
Noise at Work & Occupational Noise
Dalton Acoustics Ltd.– will visit your workplace and carry out the necessary noise at work measurements in accordance with the requirements of General Application Regulations 2007. We can provide for and assist in the formulation of a risk assessment as required to provide the necessary data to the Employer or Insurer.
Dalton Acoustics Ltd.– are “competent” persons who can carry out your occupational noise assessment;
Our Acoustic Consultants can Identify where there may be a risk from noise and who is likely to be affected. We can calculate a reliable estimate of your employee’s exposures, and compare the exposure with the exposure action values and limit values. Dalton Acoustics can advise and Identify what you need to do to comply with the law, eg. Whether noise-control measures or hearing protection are needed, and, if so, where and what type; and our Competent Acoustic Consultants may Identify any employees who need to be provided with health surveillance and whether they any are at particular risk.
The Current Regulations Requirements on Employers are;
- Assess the risks to your employees from noise at work.
- Take action to reduce the noise exposure that produces the risks.
- Provide your employees with hearing protection if you cannot reduce the noise exposure enough by using other methods.
- Make sure the legal limits on noise exposure are not exceeded.
- Provide your employees with information, instruction & training.
- Carry our risk surveillance where there is a risk to health.